Superannuation is a complicated area of law which has direct real world interactions with both family law and estate planning or estate dispute resolution law. The consequences of getting it wrong can be significant.
One of our Directors, Paul Salinas, is one of Australia's leading superannuation lawyers and is available to provide expert advice in your Family Law matter. Paul is happy to accept briefs to advise from other lawyers or direct from their clients.
What we do?
Paul is available to:
- Provide valuations of superannuation in accordance with the requirements under the Family Law Act 1975. All our valuations are completed in a format which can be relied on and tendered in court proceedings. Our valuations can be completed in an efficient and timely manner with most valuations completed within 24 hours.
- Provide quick over the telephone advice
- Provide expert reports on the nature, form and characteristics of superannuation particular to your client’s unique circumstances to assist with negotiations or for court proceedings.
- To be briefed as an expert for court proceedings
- Paul is trained in collaborative law and welcomes opportunities to assist parties understand and tailor the most effective means of formalising their settlement
- Drafting superannuation splitting and ancillary orders to ensure that any orders comply with both the Family Law Act 1975
and the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993
and associated regulations
For valuations we charge a fixed fee based on the data source from which we are briefed to carry out the valuation:
- Commonwealth Schemes:
- Form 6 $300
- Statement $440
- Other Schemes:
- Form 6 $550
- Statement $700
- Fee for each additional date $110
The above fixed fees are inclusive of GST. As noted above where additional dates are required for the same interest and the interest in the same phase (growth contributing, growth preserved, retirement pension, invalidity pension etc.) as reduced fee is charged for each additional date.
For any non-valuation reports, advice, telephone attendances, court attendances or personal attendances at meetings, mediations or collaborative 4-ways we will charge on a time costed basis of $500 per house (plus GST). We bill in units of 3 minutes. We will provide a fee estimate on engagement.
Should you require us to provide an affidavit annexing our valuation or report we will not charge if you prepare and send us the affidavit for our affirmation. We charge a fixed fee of $220 (GST inc) should you require us to prepare the affidavit.